- Condiments (ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise)
- Sandwich roll or bun
- Ham or other cold cuts
- Raw vegetables
- Cherry tomatoes
- Softened cream cheese
- Cheese sticks
- Cheese cubes
- Bell peppers
- Spread your child’s favorite condiment on the bottom half of a sandwich roll.
- Add a slice of ham or another cold cut.
- Fold a second slice of meat lengthwise so that it resembles a tongue and lay it across the bun with one end hanging over the edge.
- Create a face on the bun top using sliced raw vegetables, olives, and cherry tomatoes for features and softened cream cheese for glue. (The cheese sticks best if you first blot dry the cut veggies with a paper towel.) You can even add a couple of cheese cube “teeth.”
- Use a potato peeler or grater to create long carrot curls to pile on top of the sandwich or push bell pepper slices into the bun for a spiky hairdo.
- Source: familyfun.go.com